To Improve the Life Quality of Trillions of Patients
- The National Medical Products Administration unveiled the "2018 Medical Device Industry Standard Revision Program", and AK Medical undertakes the responsibility for drafting three standards for the medical additive manufacturing industry.
- The A3 total knee system was certified by FDA510(k).
- In 2018, AK Medical acquired JRI Orthopaedics Limited for HK $184 million to build a Chinese-British dual brand in orthopaedics.
- In 2017, the company became China's first 3D metal printed medical device company listed in Hong Kong.
- The company entered into a five-year strategic partnership with the Peking University Third Hospital to strengthen the R&D capabilities in the field of 3D-printed arthroplasty implants.
- In 2016, the A3 GT individualized knee prosthesis, 3D-printed artificial vertebral body and 3D-printed intervertebral fusion cage were launched.
- The 3D-printed artificial vertebral body and spinal fusion cage were licensed by the CFDA and entered the market of spinal arthroplasty implants.
- The company was accredited as the Engineering Technology R&D Center for 3D Printing Application in Orthopaedics by Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission.
- The CFDA-approved THA implant that features the 4th-generation friction interface made of composite ceramic and high cross-linked polyethylene was brought to the market. According to the CFDA, AK Medical is one of China's joint arthroplasty implant manufacturers approved by the CFDA.
- The 3D-printed hip implant products (the clinically-proven 3D-printed metal orthopedic implants) were licensed by the CFDA.
- In 2014, ML hip system came on the market.
- The 3D ACT platform was introduced to integrate 3D imaging, 3D modeling and 3D printing into the surgical solutions.
- In 2015, the SL-Cone proximal-fixed femoral stem and 3D ACT hip system were rolled out.
- In 2013, the 3D-printed surgical guide was licensed by the Beijing Food and Drug Administration.
- In 2012, the first knee joint implant ACCK Series for revision surgery,
- The third-generation TKA implant Series A3 were introduced.
- Since 2009, the THA implant Series AK-MR, AK-SR and AK-SL for revision surgery have been rolled out.
- In 2008, the second-generation TKA implant JPX was launched.
- In 2007, the second-generation THA implant Series M was launched.
- In 2005, the first THA implant Series A was launched.
- In 2004, the first TKA implant AK KNEE was launched.
- In 2003, Beijing AK Medical Co., Ltd. ("AK Medical") was established in China